16th Baksan School on Astroparticle Physics co-organized by Institute for Nuclear Research (Moscow), Joint Institute for Nuclear Research (Dubna) and APPEC, to be held in a pictorial National Park close to Mt. Elburs on April 10-18, 2019.
- Modern methods of neutrino detection, by Alain Blondel (Geneva U.)
- Machine learning in astroparticle physics, by Oleg Kalashev (INR, Moscow)
- Multimessenger astrophysics, by Michael Kachelriess (NTNU Trondheim)
- Neutrino oscillations: experimental review (Yuri Kudenko - INR, Moscow)
- MeV Neutrino Astrophysics (Mark Vagins - UC Irvine)
- Detection techniques for gravitational waves (Denis Martynov - University of Birmingham)
- JINR astroparticle physics program (Dmitry Naumov - JINR)
- Baksan astroparticle physics program (Valery Kuzminov - BNO INR, Neutrino) (TBC)
- Three 6-lecture courses by leading experts on neutrino detection, machine learning and multimessenger astrophysics, supplemented by tutorials, practical work, highlight lectures and short reports by the participants.
- Excursion to Baksan Neutrino Observatory underground labs (4800 mwe).
- Location in a national park close to Mt. Elbrus (5642), one of the "Seven Summits" of the World, with possibilities for skiing and hiking during long mid-day breaks.
- There are 10 fellowships for European students and 5 fellowships for students from Russia covering full-board lodging, airport transfer, banquet and excursion.