International Conference "Physics of Magnetic Stars"
Special Astrophysical Observatory, Russia
1 – 6 October, 2018
The Special Astrophysical Observatory of the Russian Academy of Sciences will organize a traditional International conference dedicated to the physics of magnetic stars during the period of October 1 - 6, 2018.
The meeting will take place in the Special Astrophysical Observatory in Nizhniy Arkhyz near Zelenchukskaja of the Karachai-Cherkess Republic of Russia in the North Caucasus mountains (near the Russian 6m telescope).
The programm of the conference includesfollowing topics:
- Main Sequence chemically peculiar stars;
- Magnetic white dwarfs, polars, and other degenerate objects;
- Binary and multiple magnetic stars, exoplanets;
- Variability, space- and ground-based photomertic data analysis;
- Theory. Origin and evolution of stellar magnetic fields;
- New equipment for stellar magnetism study.
Proposed topics are traditional for the conference, however they do not limit reports on other areas of stellar astrophysics. The Committee welcomes everyone who plans to make a talk on the conference. The sections will be organized according to the number of participants and talks.